Discover the skills and strategies for managing virtual teams.
While once a novelty, working remotely has become the norm. As with any big change, it presents unique challenges for employees as well as those leading remote teams. Many may enjoy not having to deal with long commutes and navigating heavy traffic; however, shifting the communication dynamic from in-person to video conferencing platforms, email and Slack often leads to a sense of disconnection and isolation.
This course introduces best practices and practical techniques for managers, supervisors and team leaders who lead remote teams. You will identify the skills required for managing virtual teams, apply techniques for building and maintaining a foundation of trust among virtual teams, learn how to keep employees engaged and connected, and explore strategies for effectively providing direction and feedback to virtual employees. During this course, you will gain the critical skills and strategies you need to build strong teams and achieve desired results in a remote working environment.
- Anyone leading virtual teams or managing employees who work remotely
- Aspiring or newly promoted supervisors or managers
- Recognize different types of remote and virtual team needs.
- Identify the specific skills required for managing virtual teams.
- Build and maintain trust among virtual work teams.
- Explore strategies for effectively providing direction and feedback to virtual workers.
- Effectively manage team dynamics in remote and virtual teams.
- Assess and leverage the best technology options to communicate your message.
- Utilize strategies for leading engaging and effective virtual meetings.
- Employ strategies for communicating and managing in a 24/7 virtual environment.
This class is only offered as an on-site training option with 8+ participants. This class is not open for individual registrations.