Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
This one-day course will cover how to plan and manage your business analysis tasks, including planning for elicitation, analysis, documentation, traceability, and requirements. You will learn the essential project management concepts and skills to effectively create business analysis planning deliverables and manage the requirements process. Hands-on exercises based on a case study will bring concepts to life with practical activities.
- Planning considerations
- Selecting the approach: Plan- or change-driven
- BA deliverables by approach
- Defining roles and responsibilities
- Mapping stakeholder influence and attitudes
- Analyzing risks
- Estimating tasks
- Planning BA communications
- Managing BA performance
- Prioritization techniques
- Managing changes to requirements
- Business analysts
- Functional managers
- Project managers
- Programmers interested in expanding their effectiveness
- Other individuals involved in project work
- How to select a BA approach
- How to analyze stakeholder groups
- How to create a RACI chart
- How to build and estimate a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- How to analyze risks
- How to define requirements attributes and plan for traceability
- How to prioritize requirements
- How to manage changes to requirements
- How to track BA performance
The Business Analysis Essentials class is recommended but not required as the first course in the series. All students must complete this course as part of the certificate program.
- Business Analysis Essentials (Complete)
Save $655 by registering for the Business Analysis Certificate Program, a series of seven courses (including this one) that can be taken in any order. The registration cost for the certificate program is $4,490, while the cost to register for all seven courses separately is $5,145.
Find additional information about available discounts.
Students will receive a recent copy of the BABOK®Guide.
The workshop includes material and techniques from the Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring Knowledge Area in the International Institute of Business AnalysisTM (IIBA®) A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide).
The Center for Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider of the IIBA® (EEP # E48092). IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® Guide and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.
This course is not available for college credit.