Once you have registered, please contact the Program Coordinator to schedule your coaching session.
The 360° Leader: Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
Self-assessments are helpful, but the ultimate gauge of progress for leaders is a 360° assessment. This course involves a 360° emotional intelligence assessment utilizing the EQ360. It is meant to serve as an outcome measure of progress and change after taking the self-administered Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i®) as part of the Emotional Intelligence series. You will re-take the EQ-i® to rate your level of emotional intelligence, and select from among managers, peers, direct reports, family and friends, and others to also rate their emotional intelligence via the EQ360. You will also examine the open-ended responses in several areas including:
- What actions should be done less?
- What should be done more?
- Areas of leadership others believe are an opportunity for growth.
- Areas of leadership others believe are strengths.
- How others perceive your handling of challenges in the workplace.
- Leaders who wish to better recognize, understand, and manage emotions to lead more effectively
- Experienced, new, or aspiring managers, supervisors, group leaders, team leaders, HR generalists, and anyone with management and leadership responsibilities
- Receive a 360° Feedback Report on results for use throughout the class
- Understand the Self-Perception Composite, Self-Expression Composite, Interpersonal Composite, Decision Making Composite and Stress Management Composite
- Conduct a profile gap analysis to identify blind spots and allied strengths between self-rating and other participants’ ratings
- Assess response style and the response style of raters for consistency and overly positive or negative impressions
- Understand scores in 16 distinct areas of Emotional Intelligence
- Comprehend the overall Well-Being Indicator score
- Develop an action plan using SMART criteria for each area others identify as an area for growth
Students registering for this course must have completed one of the following:
This is not an in-class workshop. This portion of the Emotional Intelligence Series involves an extended assessment and personalized report, in addition to coaching from the instructor.