Principles of Project Management
10/03/2023 to 10/11/2023
10/05/2023 to 10/06/2023
Delegation and Accountability
Workplace Resilience: Building Confidence and Mental Strength
10/18/2023 to 10/19/2023
Unlocking Your Leadership through the Power of Emotional Intelligence
Assertiveness Skills for Managers
11/02/2023 to 11/03/2023
Dealing with Difficult People
11 Leadership Traits That Get Results
Become a more effective manager.
The Business Management Certificate Program is designed to propel your career forward by helping you develop the skills needed to become a more effective leader, manager or supervisor. As managers move up the organizational ladder, soft skills become just as important as technical skills—after all, the ability to lead and motivate employees is the key to success for any business. Smoothly navigating the transition from individual contributor to a leader of others is more critical than ever for professional advancement.
Taught by working professionals who are leaders in their fields, the Business Management Certificate Program will enhance your management skills with a variety of practical, skills-based learning experiences covering an array of topics. These include coaching, emotional intelligence, project management and human resources.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Supervisors and managers at all career levels
- Managers expecting to take on leadership roles
- Those who are not officially managers but are expected to lead and influence others in their current positions
- Hone your management skills with tips and techniques for effectively delegating and supervising
- Learn the basics of project management, human resource management, data analytics and financial management
- Learn how to motivate and get the best results from your team through effective leadership
This table shows upcoming start dates for this program’s courses. Please note that program start dates are subject to change. After registering for the certificate program, email us or call the CPE Registrar at 512-232-6520 to enroll in your chosen courses.
Currently, classes are being delivered online via Zoom and in-person.
- Select the courses that best fit your needs
- Typical program duration is 8 to 12 months
- The program consists of 8 courses
- The duration of each course is one to two days
- Courses can be taken as they are offered—each course is offered two to three times per year in the fall, spring, and summer terms
Course offerings are subject to change.
We recommend registering for the full certificate program to receive the best discount possible. Each course is priced individually; when taking courses individually, the total cost of the program can be up to $4,260. When you enroll in the certificate program and prepay, you will save up to 15% of the total cost of the package. The cost of the certificate program depends on the courses you select, with course fees ranging from $495 to $695.
By purchasing the certificate package you can:
- Lock in your tuition price.
- Consult with an Enrollment and Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice in determining your schedule of courses.
- Contact the Registrar at CPE@austin.utexas.edu when you are ready to register for any or all of your courses.
Note: Your bundle purchase is valid for three years from the date of your first course.
If you did not register for the Business Management Certificate Program bundle but are still interested in receiving your UT Austin Gold Seal Certificate, you can still do so by taking each course individually. You have three years to complete the certificate, starting from the start date of your first class. If you would like to find out if previously-taken courses count towards the certificate requirements, please reach out to your Enrollment and Success Coordinator at email@example.com. You may request your certificate upon completion of your final class and it will be emailed to you.